How do I change a posted payment?


Correcting Payment Entry Errors:

The State Board of Accounts does not allow the deleting of a receipted item.  Therefore, to create an accounting trail that the State Board of Accounts can follow, the system will not allow the deletion of a receipt.  To correct an entry error use the following steps:

  1. Find the taxpayer warrant on main warrant screen.
  2. Click the Payments tab.
  3. Find the payment receipt number that is incorrect.
  4. Double click on the receipt number
  5. Enter Administrative password.
  6. Click YES to continue with correcting the error; click NO to cancel the process.
  7. If you click YES to continue:
    1. A notes screen will display to record why you are making the correction.  The Note can only be 250 characters long with spaces counted as characters.
    2. Click OK to accept the note you have written or click Cancel to dismiss this screen without a note being entered.
    3. A report will generate displaying the original receipt and the correcting receipt along with any note you added.
    4. It will then ask if you want to print a report of the correction, click YES to print the report or NO to cancel.

NOTE: Once you are done with this process, if you are also using the ATWS Cash Book, a report will print out.  This report should be given to the Cash Book support person so that person can also VOID the receipt in the Receipting System.  See “Void Existing Receipt” in Cash Book FAQ.